Hispanic Heritage Month Resources
This month celebrates Hispanic Heritage. We will continue to add to our collection of resources celebrating these cultures.
- Mexicans and Mexican Americans in the West (4-12+) - Primary Source Collections
- Mexican-American War (4-12+) - Primary Source Collections
- Spanish and Mexican Ranchos (4-12+) - Primary Source Collections
- Vaqueros: The First Cowboys (grade 4) - Self-paced or whole class lesson
- Vaquero Words Interactive Graphic (grades 4+) - Interactive Media Exploration
- Manuela Garcia: A Woman of Many Talents (grades 3-8) - Digital Story
- All the Saints of the City of Angels - Artist-author J. Michael Walker and his artistic investigation into the Spanish and Mexican place names of Los Angeles (grades 6-12+) - Video
- Mexican Ranchos in California - (grades 5, 8) - Whole class lesson - Coming Soon!
Educational Programs at the Autry are sponsored by:
PHYLLIS H. BARBATO • MOLLY AND NEAL H. BROCKMEYER • FRANK H. COUNTNER AND SUSAN L. COUNTNER • DWIGHT STUART YOUTH FUND • EDISON INTERNATIONAL • DAVID F. EISENBERG • GEORGINA-FREDRICK CHILDREN’S FOUNDATION • THE KENNETH T. AND EILEEN L. NORRIS FOUNDATION • MAX H. GLUCK FOUNDATION • CHRISTY AND STEVE MCAVOY • ANN C. RONUS AND ROBERT E. RONUS • THE STEINMETZ FOUNDATION • VIRGINIA F. STEVENSON • UNION BANK • U.S. BANK