Welcome back to the Autry! We are thrilled to share the diverse stories of the American West with you in person once again. We know from our surveys that the vast majority of visitors appreciate our taking all precautions possible—including requiring masks, onsite temperature checks, and social distancing. Our highest priority is keeping our visitors, staff, and volunteers safe.
Advance reservations for both members and visitors are required. Additional dates and/or capacity will be opened on a rolling basis so please check back frequently!
Please note that admission to the Autry is free through Sunday, April 18, due to only a portion of the museum being open during that period. Please see On View schedule, below, for full details.
Currently Available Tickets (Through Sunday, April 18)
Full-Day Tickets for Visitors & Members
Schedule, Hours, and Admission
- Visitor hours are 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Tuesdays through Sundays. Please check your ticket for entry time (which will either be at any point after 11:00 a.m. for Full-Day Tickets or after 1:00 p.m. for Afternoon Tickets).
- Admission is free for the general public through Sunday, April 18, due to only a portion of the museum being open at this time. Admission is always free for Autry members.
- The Autry Store is open; however, walkups are not permitted. Only those with a reservation for the Autry for that day are able to visit the store.
- The Cafe remains closed to visitors. Snacks/bottled water are available at the Autry Store. Visitors are allowed to eat/drink outdoors on the plaza at the tables provided as well as on the lawn.
- The Autry looks forward to reopening the Historic Southwest Museum Campus, which will occur at a later date, TBD, reservations required as well.
Currently on View
When I Remember I See Red: American Indian Art and Activism in California
Through November 15, 2021
What’s Her Story: Women in the Archives
Through August 28, 2021
Art of the West
Opening by Tuesday, April 20
We anticipate the rest of the museum (downstairs galleries and the Ethnobotanical Garden) will open by April 20. Please note that two of our upstairs galleries will remain closed (Norman F. Sprague, Jr. Gallery and the Craver Imagination Gallery) to make way for exciting new exhibitions in the future!
Know Before You Go
People experiencing any symptoms (cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever, chills, and/or any other symptoms associated with COVID-19) during the previous 14 days will not be allowed entry. If you are feeling unwell—or if you have been in close contact with anyone who has experienced symptoms—please email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on how to receive a refund or transfer your ticket(s) to a different day.
Masks are required to be worn over the mouth and nose for everyone over age 2 during your entire visit (no exceptions or exemptions, including medical exemptions). Please see full Autry Mask Policy, below.
The Autry's onsite cafe is currently closed. Snacks and bottled beverages available for purchase at the Autry Store. Ticketed guests are welcome to bring a picnic lunch to enjoy on our lawn or plaza, but please store all food and drink in your vehicle as we do not have storage areas for bags, coolers, or picnic baskets. Food and drink (except bottled water) are prohibited inside the museum.
To ensure the safety of our visitors, the Autry requires the following protocols:
- Advance tickets required. Walkup ticket sales will not be accommodated.
- Groups are limited to household members only.
- Admittance to the Autry requires wearing a face mask over both mouth and nose, at all times while on the Autry premises, including outdoor areas, by all people over age 2. There are no exceptions or exemptions (including medical exemptions) to this policy. Face masks must not include any exhalation valves and/or vents. Please see full Autry Mask Policy, below, for more details.
- Temperature checks required for visitors and staff prior to entry.
- Visitors showing signs or symptoms of COVID-19 at any time will be asked to leave and to return at a later date.
- Social distancing is required and will be enforced; parties may remain together; children must stay with adults at all times.
- Credit or debit cards only; no cash permitted for any on-site purchases.
- Coat check is not available; large bags (more than 13 x 12 x 4 inches) of any type are not permitted; no back-worn baby carriers or children on shoulders allowed; soft, front-facing carriers and strollers are allowed. We do not have lockers; any oversized baggage will need to be stored in your vehicle or at home.
- Drinking fountains are not available (bottled water available for purchase).
- Wheelchairs and strollers are not available to borrow at this time.
Additional Steps We Are Taking
- Visitor capacity reduced and controlled.
- Social-distancing markers in place at the designated visitor entrance and elsewhere.
- Acrylic panels in front of the Visitors Services desk and the Autry Store cashier station.
- Enhanced cleaning of high-touch surfaces throughout the day; hand-sanitizer will be provided throughout the buildings.
Autry Mask Policy
Admittance to the Autry requires wearing a face mask (or, in special instances, a face shield with drape) at all times by all people over age 2. This includes people who are partially or fully vaccinated. There are no exceptions or exemptions (including medical exemptions) to this policy. If you are unable to comply with this policy at this time—for whatever reason—we look forward to welcoming you when you are able to wear a mask in the future, or when the pandemic has been officially declared "over."
Masks must be worn over both face and nose at all times. Masks must not include any exhalation valves and/or vents or other such devices. Individuals who have been instructed not to wear a face mask by their medical provider must wear a face shield with a drape on the bottom edge. A drape that is form fitting under the chin is preferred. If your mask is deemed by the Autry, at its sole discretion, to be insufficient, you will be provided with a mask to wear pursuant to this policy and that meets our guidelines.
Failure to abide by any part of this policy at any time will result in immediate expulsion from the Autry premises. There are no exceptions or exemptions.
Code of Conduct
We look forward to your visit. As you plan your day, we remind you that the Autry will not tolerate inappropriate behavior, including, but not limited to, yelling, violence, intimidation, threats, harassment, aggression, swearing, damage, abuse, or sexual harassment. Individuals who are aggressive toward staff or other visitors will be expelled from the Autry and escorted off the property.
In the interest of your personal safety and community health, please observe all the precautions listed above. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. We cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed to COVID-19 during your visit to the Autry. Those visiting the Autry do so at their own risk of such exposure.