The Autry welcomes visitors of all ages! Please keep the following information in mind when planning your family trip to the Autry.
Changing stations: For your convenience, the restrooms in the museum lobby are equipped with diaper-changing stations.
Strollers: The Autry has a limited number of strollers available to borrow free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis. (You will be asked to leave your photo ID with Visitor Services staff while stroller is being used.) All galleries are accessible to strollers.
Food/Drink: In order to protect the objects in the Autry collections, food and beverages are not allowed inside the museum. Water bottles are permitted inside the galleries. Crossroads West Cafe is open during all museum hours and offers a kids’ menu. Food and drink are allowed on the museum Plaza and picnicking is encouraged on the Autry’s South Lawn.
Oversized bags: For the protection of objects in the collection, oversized bags and backpacks are not permitted inside the galleries. You may check oversized bags, backpacks, diaper bags, etc. at the Visitor Services desk.
- Autry Detective Kits: Available for checkout at the Visitor Services Desk, the kits send gumshoes ages ten and up (and their adult companions) on a pursuit through the museum, using tools and clues to solve a case. Agents will receive a prize after solving the case!
- Imagined West Studios: Explore the Autry’s new kid-friendly movie studio space designed and built by artist Mac Maker. The Imagined West Studios encourages visitors to act out and film their own cinematic visions of the American West using creative props on a whimsically themed set.
- Investigating Griffith Park: Participate in various hands-on interactives about Griffith Park.
- Pan for Gold!: Learn how to pan for gold, just like how the 49ers did during the California gold rush!
- Self-Guided Tours & Scavenger Hunts
- Visit our Family Activities page for upcoming kid friendly events.