The Autry is dedicated to enriching the experience of all visitors through thoughtful, entertaining, and engaging classes, programs, and activities.
Education staff and volunteers connect with more than 40,000 visitors every year, many of them students from LAUSD and the surrounding school districts. We invite you to learn more about school tours, lesson plans, and other resources for teachers.
Outreach programs are an important part of education initiatives at the Autry. Autry museum educators work hand-in-hand with teachers and students in local schools, bringing together students, teachers, and museum professionals to learn about history in fun and engaging ways.
Educational Programs at the Autry are sponsored by:
- The Ahmanson Foundation
- Brenda and Gary Ruttenberg/Thelma Pearl Howard Foundation
- Capital Group Companies Foundation
- Dwight Stuart Youth Fund
- The Georgina-Fredrick Children’s Foundation
- Hearst Foundations
- Joseph Drown Foundation
- The Kenneth T. and Eileen L. Norris Foundation
- Northrop Grumman
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern California
- The Sheri and Les Biller Family Foundation
- Sony Pictures Entertainment