The Education Department is dedicated to enriching the experience of all visitors through thoughtful, entertaining, and engaging classes, programs, and activities. Education staff and volunteers connect with more than 40,000 visitors every year, many of them students from LAUSD and the surrounding school districts. We invite you to learn more about school tours, lesson plans, and other resources for teachers.
Outreach programs are an important part of education initiatives at the Autry. Autry museum educators work hand-in-hand with teachers and students in local schools, bring together students, teachers, and museum professionals to learn about history in fun and engaging ways. During the past year, the Autry launched Autry Classroom Curators, an educational program that transforms middle and high school students into researchers, scholars, and artists. Learn more through the video below.
2015 Autry Teachers Academy
We are now accepting applications for the 2015 Autry Teachers Academy.
- Overview of the Teachers Academy and Requirements for Participants
- Principal’s Recommendation Form
- Online Application
Completed applications must be received no later than January 15, 2015.
EDUCATION PROGRAMS AT THE AUTRY ARE SPONSORED BY:
- The Sheri and Les Biller Family Foundation
- Joseph Drown Foundation
- The Georgina-Frederick Children’s Foundation
- The Kenneth T. and Eileen L. Norris Foundation
- Brenda and Gary Ruttenberg/Thelma Pearl Howard Foundation
- Mary R. Stauffer Foundation
- Dwight Stuart Youth Fund