image by Vena Lissette
Pandemic or not, music is a main source of comfort for a lot of us. Whatever and whenever a new normal materializes you can bet that music will be there! In last week’s L.A. Poets in Place: Sounds,local poets talked about how music plays into their lives. If you missed it, find a video of the Zoom meet-up below.
We recently created a pandemic playlist filled with songs crowd sourced between Autry staff and program attendees.Tune in to tune out the anxiety or discomfort you may be feeling and get ready for a journey through time, genres, and tastes.
- “Gimme Shelter”—The Rolling Stones
- “Weird Fishes”—Radiohead
- “People are Strange”—The Doors
- “Mad World”—Gary Jules
- “Where is My Mind”—The Pixies
- “I Think I’m Paranoid”—Garbage
- “Toxic” by Britney Spears
- “So Fresh, So Clean”—Outkast
- “Purple Hat”—Sofi Tukker
- “Let’s Go Crazy”—Prince
- “Inside Friend”—Leon Bridges featuring John Mayer
- “It’s the End of the World”—R.E.M.
- “Can’t Feel My Face”—The Weeknd
Look for more playlists coming soon to keep you happily grooving throughout social distancing.
Video runtime 60 minutes