Autry Flavors - Chuck Wagons: The First Food Trucks
Part of the series Flavors
Friday, January 26, 2018, 7:00 p.m.
The Autry in Griffith Park
- $55 Autry Members /$65 Nonmembers
- Space Is Limited / Reservations Recommended
About the Event
During the January installment of Flavors, try food of the Western trail and traditional chuck wagon cuisine, then taste a new fusion as contemporary chefs update the menu with Pacific flair. Tickets include plates from multiple food stations, access to the galleries and garden, and presentations by chefs and food history experts.
Don't miss the next installments of Flavors:
- The Urban Chuck Wagon: 100 Years of Food Truck Fare, Friday, February 23, 7:00 p.m.
- From Trail to Table in the 21st Century, Friday, April 6, 7:00 p.m.
- Porky Pinto Beans
- Rice and Tomatoes
- Sourdough Biscuits with Mormon Gravy
- Overland Trout style Bacon
- Oaxacan-style Beans, with Charred Octopus Escabeche and Salsa Verde
- Kaffir Scented Rice with Coconut, Thai Snapper and Crispy Ginger.
- Charred Jalapeño Cornbread and Sourdough Biscuits with Green Curry Butter and Honey
- Slow Roasted Pork Belly with Miso-Butterscotch Glaze, Fermented Vegetables and Furikake
- Bourbon-Brown Butter Cake with Dried Apples and Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- Boozy Peach Rice Pudding with 5-Spice Whipped Cream
Presented in collaboration with the Pacific Food and Beverage Museum and the Museum of the American Cocktail.