CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Autry Classroom Curators Presents: Visions of Equality
Fourth Annual Student Visual Arts Exhibition
Submissions will be accepted from November 5, 2018, through March 1, 2019
Opening Reception: Sunday, April 28, 2019, Noon–3:00 p.m.
The Student Visual Arts Exhibition is an initiative that calls on middle and high school students to share their research, learning, and thinking through visual art. For information, please contact email@example.com.
ABOUT THE THEME: VISIONS OF EQUALITY
- Submissions will be accepted from November 5, 2018, through March 1, 2019.
- All artwork must arrive at the Autry no later than Friday, March 1, 2019. Completed work can be dropped off at the Autry’s Mary Pickford Education Center or mailed to:
Autry Museum of the American West
c/o Katherine Herman, Education Office
4700 Western Heritage Way
Los Angeles, CA 90027-1462
- Juried completion results will be shared with teachers/advisors by Monday, April 8, 2019. Teachers/advisors are to share this information with their students.
- Selected artwork will be on view Sunday, April 28, through Sunday, May 5, 2019.
- Artwork must be picked up from the Autry no later than Friday, May 17, 2019.
STUDENT ARTWORK GUIDELINES
- Students must complete their application no later than March 1, 2019.
- All works of art must be original artwork created by students in grades 7–12.
- In order to fit a standard frame, 2D artwork must measure 5 x 7, 8 x 10, 11 x 14, 16 x 20, 20 x 30, or 22 x 32 inches.
- All forms of two-dimensional art are accepted, including, but not limited to: watercolor, graphic prints, acrylic, mixed media, oil, pastel, drawing, photography, etc.
- All submitted artwork must be completed at the time of submission.
- Pastels, charcoal, and Cray-Pas must be fixed (or sealed) when submitted.
- All entries must be labeled on the back with the names of the student, the school, and the teacher. Please note the orientation of the work.
- By submitting his/her artwork, the artist assumes all risks and agrees to hold the Autry harmless against any and all losses, claims, or damages.
There is NO entry fee.
All selected entries are eligible for award recognition.
Images (Click image for details)
Educational Programs at the Autry are sponsored by:
EDUCATION SPONSORS: The Albertsons Companies Foundation • AltaMed • Phyllis H. Barbato • Molly and Neal H. Brockmeyer • The Capital Group Companies Charitable Foundation • Frank H. Countner and Susan L. Countner • Dwight Stuart Youth Fund • Edison International • David F. Eisenberg • Employees Community Fund of Boeing California • The Georgina-Fredrick Children’s Foundation • Marilyn B. and Calvin B. Gross • The Kenneth T. and Eileen L. Norris Foundation • Carl W. Robertson and Susan W. Robertson • Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern California • Brenda and Gary Ruttenberg • Sony Pictures Entertainment • Thelma Pearl Howard Foundation • U.S. Bancorp • Wells Fargo