Research Rules and Application
Rules for Researchers
We ask all patrons to adhere to the following rules regarding care, handling, and security:
- Please return this application at least two weeks before you would like to visit the library.
- For security purposes, we request that you check in with museum security at the Information Desk in the lobby and wear a guest badge at all times during your visit.
- We ask that you do not eat, drink, smoke, or talk loudly while inside the museum.
- For your convenience, locked drawers are available in the Reading Room for your personal belonging.
- Please use paper and pencil (available in the Reading Room) or a laptop computer for taking notes. No pens are allowed.
- Many materials are rare and fragile. Please be careful when handling them and do not to place any items (e.g. laptops, note cards, etc.) on top of research materials.
- It is crucial that items, both folders and individual documents, remain in the original filing order. Please bring any misfiled items to the attention of the staff, but do not re-file items on your own.
- Personal scanners and cameras (video, digital, still) are not allowed without prior approval.
- Please set cell phones and pagers on nonaudible signals.
- Photocopying and duplication services are available for research and reference purposes only. All photocopying is to be performed by library staff. Please ask the staff for more details, including copying fees.
- If you plan on publishing or quoting from items in our collection, you will need to obtain permission from both the Autry National Center and the copyright owner. Please cite as: Autry National Center.
- If your research, based on material consulted here, is published, we would appreciate a copy of the publication.