¡Vivan Los Muertos!
Day of the Dead Celebration
Date / Time:
Saturday October 27, Mercado/Museum Hours: 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., Festival Hours: 3:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
The Autry in Griffith Park
Museum Admission Rates Apply / Free for Autry Members
buy tickets now
Join us as the Autry celebrates Day of the Dead, an ancient Aztec festival to both remember the dead and mock death itself. Discover the extraordinary observances that take place during this celebration of life with Aztec and Mexican folkloric dance, storytelling, face-painting, elaborate altars, a mercado, and more!
- 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Face painting and children’s crafts
- 3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Aztec blessing on Plaza by Danza Azteca Xocoyote
- 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Michael Heralda's Aztec stories
- 5:30 p.m. – 6:15 p.m. Grandeza Mexicana Folk Ballet
- 6:30 p.m. – 7:15 p.m. Danza Azteca Xocoyote Procession Finale
- 7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. After-Party featuring Bang Data. 8:00 p.m. Museum closes
- 8:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Mercado remains open
From the Trading Posts blog:
THIS PROGRAM IS SPONSORED BY: